Saturday, June 11, 2011

Quarter Birthday

Steven turned 25 yesterday! He said that it was his "quarter" birthday. I say that when I turn 25 in a few weeks it better be my "third" birthday because I do not want to live to be 100...

Other than Aubrey and I chilling at home a while yesterday when Steven worked (see previous post), here is how we celebrated the day-

After present opening and a family walk, Aubrey and I spent the morning making Steven a birthday cake to take into his work:
Definitely nothing special or fancy, but I just completely ran out of time. I seem to always forget how everything takes 2X as long with Aubrey around.

We met Steven and his work team for lunch at a Brazilian restaurant. It was fun to meet the people he works with and sees so much more than me. And... thanks E&Y for picking up the tab :)
And, for dinner, we went out as a family. So from writing this it sounds like his whole birthday was about food. Food and friends and family. Pretty good if you ask me.

Steven is definitely something special and I am so grateful he is mine. He works so hard, and still manages to be creative, fun, and an amazing father and husband. I'm glad that I get spend my life with him. Happy Birthday!

No comments: