Thursday, June 2, 2011

Nursery Rhymes

Every morning from 7-8 is daddy-daughter time. That is when I get some "me" time to exercise.

Steven gets up at 5:30 each day so that he can study and spend time with Aubrey before work since she is usually sleeping when he gets home at night.

This morning as I was filling up my water bottle for my bike ride, I heard Steven teaching Aubrey some nursery rhymes. It was pretty cute:



And, typical of Steven, she wasn't learning just any nursery rhymes. She got her own special version.

For example in "Rock-a-Bye, Baby" after

"When the bough breaks,
The cradle will fall,"

Aubrey will be learning a much softer version ending in,

"But she was wearing a parachute,
So it didn't hurt at all."

Life with Steven is never dull.

4 comments:

Jeremy, Lana, Brenna ,Mason, Owen and Sadie said...

thats a very cute nursery rhyme!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

bahahhahahah that is cute!!! Seriously nursery rhymes are not so sweet and soft. They actually have horrible endings ahahha

my name is becky kelly said...

love it. We sing "so mom will catch baby, cradle and all"
the other ending leaves too much to be concerned about. what a cute daddy!

Cherine said...

Oh my goodness she is getting so big! She is really adorable!!! You guys are great parents!!! :)