Monday, December 3, 2012

Sick

This is what my normally spunky little girl looks like after being up all night throwing up:


It was pretty sad.

She went to bed Thursday night completely fine. I went in to check on her about an hour later and when I peeked in I saw that she was lying down with her eyes open. So I went over to give her a kiss and when I got closer I noticed something smelled a little funny. She was completely covered in throw-up! All over her bedding, pillow, pajamas, etc. She looked up at me and said, "Clean up?"

I felt terrible. She didn't cry, or try to come get me or anything! I mean... I'm glad she is such a good sleeper and stays in bed all night, but I felt so bad. Luckily, it was only an hour and not all night.

Then... we spent the ENTIRE night up with her throwing up. I think we both might have fallen asleep between 3 and 4 but I'm really not sure. 

And... despite my best attempts at directing towards a bowl or running her to the bathroom, toddlers do not aim well.

10 loads of laundry this weekend! Whew. Lots of carpet cleaning as well. 

I suspect the ball pit she had so much fun playing in on Wednesday to be the culprit.... 
I will admit that I'm not very good at the "at-home" part of stay at home mom. We like to get out. It keeps me sane. Unfortunately, that means that we also get sick alot. Stronger immune system right?

But, things are better now. My spunky little girl is back. She was running around like a wild women tonight playing with her "glasses." She still isn't eating much, but that isn't too different than normal :)




4 comments:

Steve and Ash said...

Ahh man!!! Doesn't that bring back memories of last year!!!!!! We are sick over here too!! We just have really nasty cold's and cough's!! Glad she's feeling better!!!

Lisa said...

Poor girl! And poor mom. So glad to hear she's back on her feet again. And I totally agree with being out and about--it's made me addicted to California.

Jeremy, Lana, Brenna ,Mason, Owen and Sadie said...

Oh man, throw up is the worst! It gets better when they are a little older. We just had a stomach bug hit everyone except me in the family one by one, and I was pleased to learn that Brenna can now hit a bowl! So try not to let her throw up again until she's around 4 and it'll be easier clean up! haha I'm glad she's feeling better. She's cute even when she's sick!!!

LOCKHARTS said...

So much laundry...I did my share this week too. We had a 12 hour flu pass through each of our kids. I ran out of sheets in the end...maybe I should have more on hand???
Glad to hear Aubrey is back to normal...and if I lived in Cali, I would be out all the time too! Staying at home just means more to clean!