Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Vintage Affair



We went to the LinkedIn Christmas party this past Saturday and had a great time.

First, I sent Aubrey and Steven to the ward Christmas party so I could blast some Taylor Swift music while doing my hair and make-up completely toddler-free. Definitely brought me back to my high school days until I had to get dressed and remembered I was 8 months pregnant.

LinkedIn sure knows how to throw a party! The party was at the Fairmont hotel in downtown San Jose and they definitely didn't spare any expense. Everything was great... except parking, which was a complete nightmare.

There were various ballrooms around the hotel that had bands, music, games, etc. While most people couldn't wait to get as many free drinks as possible, Steven and I took it upon ourselves to try out the different buffets in each and every room. I was soo full....

They had everything from fancy food like oysters, crab, and sushi to a nacho bar and candy room. We had a lot of fun and I sure always enjoy a date night out with the Steven.

We also stopped at one of the photobooth stations. I love photobooths. I had Steven scan our pictures, but the quality is pretty bad and he cut off the last picture. Gives it character I guess.

Aubrey also had a great time and definitely wishes her parents would fork over the money for a baby-sitter more often. She was thrilled that somebody new came over to play and happily waved bye bye as we left. She is such a social little girl and I am very happy she is so well-adjusted, but sometimes a mom would like to feel missed!

Can't wait to see what next year's party brings. We are grateful that Steven has a good job that allows me to stay home with our kiddos. The cool parties are just a bonus :)

No comments: