Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Swimming Playdate

Today was Aubrey's first time swimming. I think that experiencing all of the "firsts" with your child is one of life's great joys.

I was probably the more excited one of the two of us. She kind of just chilled there in the pool.  But she has come a long way from the baby who sobbed every time I gave her a bath.

 (yes, I had her wear a hat... I just took it off for the picture)
I'm lucky that I have already made some great friends here. Most have first babies similar in age to Aubrey, so we have some fun playdates.
And, I felt bad this morning because as he was getting ready to go to work Steven said, "so, I get to go to work all day while you go to the pool?" Yes, there are sleepless nights, but being a mom sure has its perks.

5 comments:

Jeremy, Lana, Brenna ,Mason, Owen and Sadie said...

I get those pangs of guilt too sometimes when Jeremy works all day and we.. go to the park. haha being a mom IS great! And exhausting!

Shannon said...

With all the rain and cool weather we've had I have a hard time remembering that somewhere the sun shines and it's warm enough to swim. Glad you had a fun time- definitely one of the perks of being a mom!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

SOOO Jealous!!! How much fun Paige! Especially with your new friends. I agree it is so fun to do the first things with your first child! It really is the greatest joy. PS Eke loooooooooves the water too. I want to have a swim play date with you guys!

my name is becky kelly said...

haha, shanan PREFERS going to work over going to the pool :)

tagraves said...

It was fun indeedy :) My shoulders are a little lobster-ish. ha ha oops!