Friday, May 6, 2011

Taxes to Babies

I was lucky and got to spend a sunny afternoon yesterday with Lauren and Lisa. We all did the tax MAcc at BYU together, became CPA's, and now we are moving onto the mom life:
I had Aubrey in December, Lisa's little boy Blake was born in March, and Lauren will be joining us in mommy-hood in October.

I said to Steven right before I went that I was excited because Aubrey had never been around a baby that was smaller than her. Well, her little buddy Blake is already catching up in size even though he is 3 months younger. I guess even with her chubby cheeks, I can't start calling her chunker yet. 
I had a great time and I am lucky that these girls live so close. Our husbands all work long hours, and it is nice to have friends that can relate.

It also made me realize how there really are "seasons of life," and I am trying to enjoy and become better at each one. Just a few years ago, we were all together studying tax laws and now we are feeding babies. And I love it.

Lauren and I even got to be on the BYU tax team where we competed against other schools across the USA and we were crowned national tax champions. It came with an an all-expense paid trip to Florida, some prize money, and I even got to hold a giant check. I know, I'm cool.
It will most certainly be my only chance to be a national champion, but I think that I could currently compete in "how to change the fastest diaper while keeping squirmy baby foot out of the poop", or "fastest refluxes to catch projectile spit-up."

I'm definitely practicing my skills in those areas :)

5 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

bahhahahah that was cute Paige! How neat that you guys are all on the same path!!! It is like you guys can and will always be friends because you have done so much of the same big things at the same time. I love that!!!

I love that you were crowned nationals and held a giant check!!! That is definitely something to brag about!! You must be a pretty bright lady!!! I mean BYU accounting is not easy!! I had a roommate in that major... poor girl was soooooooo stressed out! Her name was Brooke, did you know her at all?

Aubrey is looking so big!! I love that she has chunky cheeks! Seriously, how tall is she?

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam and Lacey said...

So cute paige! Your little girl is adorable. So ar you. You are such a smartie pants. LOL

Lisa said...

So cute!! Thanks for taking pictures and posting!

Heather Curtis said...

Ha. Just like in geography, I need to learn your mothering skills (somehow Pryson always manages to get poop on his hands or feet- he grabs down there... not fun!). You are one of a kind Paige. I feel extremely privileged to know you because you are not just a smartie pants- you dominate school in every way. I love the tax competition pictures- they make me smile. I just love you. I miss you. Your babe is adorable and I hope you had a fabulous mother's day!