Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4 Months

Aubrey had her 4 month check-up today. We celebrated her turning 4 months old last week by bringing out her 4th set of clothes.

When she was born, her preemie clothes were WAY too big. Then we had newborn. Then 0-3 months. And now.... she is breaking into the 3-6 month size. She is still wearing some of her smaller clothes, but she is growing fast:
And, to get a size comparison idea, her preemie onesie is just barely over 9 inches long:

Here are her 4 month stats:

Weight: 12 lbs 7 oz (19%)
Height: 23.75 inches (24%)
Head Circumference: 15.25 inches (4%)

I was excited that her head grew so well. That was the last thing to finally make the charts. At her appointment, her pediatrician did an assessment of her development (head control, bear weight on legs, tummy time, social interaction, reaching for objects, etc.) 

She said that based on her assessment, she is completely in the normal range for a 4 month old. So, even though her adjusted age is still not quite 3 months, she is no longer planning on adjusting her age because she is doing so well. Whahoo! I am excited.

The not exciting part was that the shots were rough on the poor little girl. I didn't notice too much of an effect at 2 months, but today was a rough day.

She has been feverish, fussy, tired, not eating well, and just generally miserable all day. Needless to say that I did not get anything done today. Except maybe watching a few too many Grey's Anatomy episodes while Aubrey took a long nap on my chest. I love the snuggles, but it is hard to see her so miserable.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad she's doing so well. I had to chuckle about her length. Steven (I realize he's not an average sized child) was 23.75 inches at birth. He has tall parents, though, so it's not really his fault.

Enjoy those snuggles. Babies are so sweet!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

Ohhh what a peach!! She is so beautiful and I am sooo sooo happy that she is thriving so well! Way to go Aubrey, keep up the good work! PS I never knew how much more work these poor premies have to do just to keep up! She is a champion!

Leta-Kaye said...

I love, love that onesie picture! Give her a big squish for me, OK?

Lisa said...

I love that picture with the onsies! So cute!

MiStY said...

Can't believe how big she has gotten! She is adorable.