Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just a Thursday

Today is just one of those days. The first thing that I saw this morning when I went to wake Aubrey up was poo and pee everywhere. All over the crib sheet, all over her blanket, all over her sleeper, etc. After investigating further, I realized that in my exhausted middle of the night stupor, I must have done a terrible job on her diaper because the entire front had come undone. She is still our little stinker, but I can't blame that one on her :) 

Then, I went on a pretty good bike ride this morning while Steven watched Aubrey. It rained last night and the bike path was covered with a ton of snails. My bike ride felt like "dodge the snails." I did a pretty good job.... but I know that I definitely didn't "dodge" one. I felt really bad and that is one sick, crunchy, sound!

Steven got to stay home from work this morning and study because he is currently taking his first CPA exam. Aubrey "helped" him study:
He has a ton on his plate and manages to handle everything so well. He really is pretty darn amazing.

Oh... and we bounced our rent check. WHAT??? I know. That is how I felt when the apartment manager called and told us. Don't worry, the Bay Area is super expensive but we are not out of funds. Actually, somehow even with all of Aubrey's medical bills, we have more savings than before.

Some checks that we had when Steven managed a condo for his dad got mixed in with our checks, and so I accidentally wrote the check with the wrong checkbook. It was a $60 ouch mistake, and we now have to pay our rent with a cashiers check for six months to prove that we have money.

I was embarrased. Also a little mad because the apartment manager called and said that normally the protocol is to send us a 3-day eviction notice but she thought she would call because we don't seem like people who bounce checks. I feel so bad for people who honestly just get a little behind. The world can be cruel.

I am now blogging when I should be finishing cleaning the house before Aubrey wakes up from her nap. I want it to be Friday. I think I've had enough of Thursday.

1 comment:

my name is becky kelly said...

ouch. we've used the wrong check book TWICE in the last few months. once was Shanan's fault, once was mine. some how some old bank check books got into a new bank box. why would i think to check when the BOX said bank of america?!? lame. We wrote 2 or 3 checks out of each one before we realized there was a problem. all of those check books are in the fireplace now.
I like Steven's little helper :)