Saturday, April 9, 2011

Explore

Steven and I were talking today and decided that one really cool part about being new here in the Bay Area is that we don't have to go very far to feel like we are on vacation. We took advantage of a beautiful day today and explored quite a bit of the Bay.

First stop: San Francisco where Steven had to listen to my off-key version of the Full House theme song while we checked out the "Full House House" on Broderick street. I LOVED that show growing up. In fact, I still like that show. Brought back many memories of my childhood.

Then we went and visited the "Palace of Fine Arts", which is this really cool garden/pond/architecture park. I loved Central Park in New York, and I really liked this place too. Something about such beautiful quiet parks in the middle of huge cities is really cool.


Then we ventured across the Golden Gate Bridge to the other side of the Bay and checked out Sausalito. We had a pizza lunch and walked around the boardwalk. The views of the Bay were incredible, but it was WAY too crowded for my liking. I guess we're not the only ones who think it is a cool place.



Our next stop was Oakland, where we visited the Oakland temple. 

Then finished the day in Fremont eating dinner at Claim Jumper with a giftcard Steven won from work. Whew. I'm tired just thinking about our day.

And Aubrey? She was an angel of course. That is why I often call her "Aubrey Angel." Steven, however, has decided to nickname her "The Aubs." I'm not the hugest fan. But, really... we have a pretty easy, happy baby. I just have to feed her, change her diaper and make sure she is able to look around and she is good to go.   

2 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

I love the Bay Area. I lived in Alamo until I was 15. It is such a beautiful part of CA. Isn't the Golden Gate gorgeous? They way it over looks the bay and the rolling green hills, the spring colors and the blue ocean and sky!! Seriously it is amazing. Have you heard of the exploritorium? You guys need to check it out. It is right there next to that park and it was and still in my favorite museum. This made me miss San Fran!!! I am so glad that you guys are able to enjoy the beautiful city. And Aubrey is looking sooooooooo big!!! What a doll. I love her blue eyes. I want to meet her!!!!

J Fox said...

Gosh Aubrey is a cutie and I really want to see San Fransisco. How fun!