Sunday, April 24, 2011

Aubrey's Blessing & Easter

Today was a special day in that we blessed Aubrey at church today and it was Easter. We are so lucky that almost everybody from both my family and Steven's family were able to come visit for the occasion. We were only missing my brother, Trent, who is in the middle of final exams at University, and Steven's brother, Jason, who is on a mission.

We had 16 adults and 4 children. Lots of people. Even though our current apartment is double the square footage than it used to be, it was still quite full. But, it was great to have everybody here, and I would take a crammed apartment any day to spend some time with our families.




I was conflicted because I loved her blessing outfit AND I wanted her to have an adorable first Easter outfit, so I split the day and our little girl had both:

Aubrey was so good all weekend and enjoyed all the attention she received. I also was told many times that I don't know how lucky I am because she is such a good baby. Apparently, not all babies put themselves to sleep, rarely cry, eat well, and are just generally happy :)  We are proud parents.
All the Foote cousins were also together for the first time. They were really cute. Aubrey especially enjoyed meeting her "twin cousin" David. Katie was due one week before me. Aubrey came earlier than expected but they are still less than a month apart.


THANK YOU everybody for coming so far. We had such a great weekend and are so blessed to have such great families. Aubrey already misses everybody :(

4 comments:

Jeremy, Lana, Brenna ,Mason, Owen and Sadie said...

ahh so cute! Can't wait to meet her!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

First of all she is adorable!! Secondly, she is starting to look so different. and thirdly I love her out fits!!! She is darling. It seems like it was a special Easter for all of you. Happy Sunday! And all those other kids are super cute too!

PS What a small world about knowing my cousin!!! ahhah he is such a great guy. I will have to ask him if he remembers you the next time I see him. I am so glad you shared that story with me.

Rachel said...

how sweet! what a fun thing to have family visit! I am proud of you guys too!

pam said...

look at aubrey grow. holy smokes! she's a cutie.