Thursday, August 19, 2010

Beach and Tech

Tomorrow, we are getting up really early and starting the 13 hour drive back home. I figured that I should blog about the rest of our vacation now, since I have no responsibilities except to relax. Once we get home the laundry, shopping, cleaning, going back to work, etc. will take over again.

We spent yesterday at the beach as promised. It was fantastic. We went to two different beaches in Santa Cruz. The first beach, Natural Bridges, was very un-touristy, and had amazing views. It was also pretty chilly. Don't I look like I just want to jump right in the water?


After that, we went to the main beach in Santa Cruz, saw the famous boardwalk, and just enjoyed the sun and water. Much warmer here. We had a great relaxing afternoon. 

 

Today, we went to the Tech museum in downtown San Jose. The museum quite honestly was one of the coolest I have ever been to, and it was really cheap. We spent 4 hours there and it didn't seem long at all. Steven loves anything to do with creativity and technology, so he was especially in heaven. They had so many neat exhibits with interactive simulations and games...



One exhibit that I thought was really interesting was where you stood on a platform and it showed the hot/cold areas of your body. When we were at the beach yesterday, I missed a pretty good portion of my leg and some of my upper arm with the sunscreen. Since I pretty much go from white to red with nothing resembling a tan in between, missing sunscreen is not a good idea. You get a pretty good idea from this picture (notice the bright red leg).

And this is how we showed on the heat sensors. Technology sure is fun.

On an unrelated note, since I am often better at blogging than journal writing, I started to feel the baby move this week (17 weeks). What an amazing, funny, exciting feeling!
And, we find out whether we are having a boy or girl on 9/9/10. I think it is a boy and Steven thinks it is a girl. I guess one of us will be right. However, I will be 100% happy with either. Steven thinks that a boy might be easier on our budget since I seem to get sucked into all the cute baby girl clothes at every store. 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So fun! You have inspired me to check out the tech museum. Did you guys find a place?

Unknown said...

We found a couple that we could live in, once we got used to the "adjusted" prices of San Jose. But, every place signs contracts only 30 days before, so right now we have to wait and see. And, you should definitely check out the tech museum!