Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The City Trek

We are here in San Jose and having a great time. The past few days have been mostly "business" as we have been looking at TONS of apartments, and meeting with E & Y staff. If you want to test your husband's patience, just try touring apartments for 2-3 days straight. He will love it :)

However, today was the start of our "vacation" vacation. We really planned on this vacation being relaxing, since I came home from New York more exhausted than I left. But, I guess Steven and I are not great at really just doing nothing. Today, we decided to adventure into San Francisco to see the sights. We took the Cal Train, and thought that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to just walk everywhere from there. Exercise is great, right? Our initial trek into Fisherman's Wharf was very far. So far, that I stopped counting the blocks. Below is a map of our walk into the city. Click here for a better look.  


And, do you want to know what is really fun to do 17 weeks pregnant? Make that trek where every other street has hills like these......


I survived. And from there we enjoyed the sights.....




Ate authentic clam chowder and sour dough bread....


And, just enjoyed spending time together.

I think we will recover with a beach day tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

So fun! I hate that the busy season is already is full swing because I'm dying to see you guys!

HolliJo said...

Fun! Glad you guys are enjoying your vacation! And I work for EY in Phoenix. Small world :). Hope you guys found a good place!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I keep forgetting to check it and just read your posts for the last 3 months. I'm so glad you take the time to do this and so fun to look back and remember what has happened this summer with you guys. Have a wonderful rest of your vacation and great job surviving the hike up and down all those San Fran hills. Love you tons, mom foote

Cherine said...

CONGRATS on baby news. YAAAY I am excited for you two. Sounds like a lot of exciting things ahead!!!