Saturday, August 28, 2010

THE Ikea Table

When Steven and I first got married, we went shopping for a table and chairs. After looking around at a lot of places, we realized that these things were expensive. Then we found THE Ikea table and chairs. The same set that 50% of other new married couples buy because you can get the table and all four chairs for $129.

Well, after two and a half years, I was bored by the table. All our other furniture was dark wood, and I like that look. Oh, and one day about a year ago Steven cut a pizza on the soft wood of the table and so we had a pizza outline to eat every meal with.

So, last Saturday's project was to paint the table black. I was the official sander and supply purchaser. Steven dealt with the fumes and spray-painted the table. We LOVE the final outcome. I am also proud of us, because I was tempted to just buy a new table and this really saved a lot of money.


One thing we learned is to always buy more spray paint than you think you need. I went back to buy more not once but twice. Finally, $25 worth of sand paper and spray paint later, we have a new table!

3 comments:

Fallon said...

Peggy -
It looks fabulous. I hope you didnt breathe too many paint fumes!
When are we going to play? I miss you

Lauren {MoneyHipMamas.com} said...

Haha! We have THE table too. I love the new look. (Also, don't you love how they decided to put the phone thing in the middle of the wall so it makes it really hard to hang stuff there? You did a better job of centering than we did though.

LOCKHARTS said...

Great idea Paige! I like the new look and I have THE table sitting in storage. I plan to use it as a desk...it's on my to do list!