Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oh Life

Steven signed us both up for this journal website called "Oh Life" that sends you an e-mail each night. You reply to the e-mail and it records it all in an online journal. I'm definitely not as good at it as Steven, mostly because I just feel like everyday life is not all that interesting. However, this weekend, was completely everyday. Nothing that exciting happened. But I loved it.

Since family life and just being able to hang out together hasn't happened in so long, it was great to just do boring, everyday things. We did laundry. We watched Monk. We went for a walk. We went out for frozen yogurt. I went to the store. We hung out with Aubrey. We just talked.



However, the weather has not been as nice as before and I'm feeling a little stir-crazy. We are trying to keep Aubrey out of public since she was premature and it is still the peak of flu and RSV season. Since Steven is gone from the sun comes up and comes home long after it sets, I slightly feel like we are hibernating. 

Life definitely is moving at a different pace than before. But, I am so happy. I get to hang out with this little girl everyday....

I think that one of my favorite quotes is, "The secret to having it all is knowing you already do."

It may have taken me four hours to get the apartment clean Thursday because Aubrey was fussy. I might have been the recipient of projectile poop twice this weekend. I may hardly be leaving the house which is hard since I don't know many people here yet. But, even though motherhood is exhausting, I really do feel like I have it all. I do miss working, but I feel content and fulfilled in a way I never did before. While not always exciting, everyday life is very sweet. 

4 comments:

Jeremy, Lana, Brenna ,Mason, Owen and Sadie said...

Aubrey is so adorable! I hope I can meet her soon! You are looking good too Paige! I just thought in that picture that you look like your mom!!

Shannon said...

She is SO cute! Keep up the good mommy work. It's not so glamorous or exciting some days (and there's LOTS of poop involved!) but it's so worth it in the end. Hope you have a great week!

Heather Curtis said...

ha ha... I laughed when I read the projectile poop part- the things you do for your little babes. Wow, I love that picture of her smiling! And I love this blog because it captures so well what I feel as a mother and that quote really made me reflect again on how blessed I am. You have such a cute fam and I am still brewing up plans to see how I can come visit you...

Melanie Howe said...

Oh LIfe sounds cool - I might have to try it since I am the world's worst when it comes to journal keeping!